Qualifications and experience
Applicants must, at the closing date for receipt of application forms:
- Have an NVQ Level 3 in Play Work, Child Care or equivalent
- Be able to demonstrate, by providing personal and specific examples on the application form, that they have at least two years paid employment working with children in a play work
- Hold a full, clean UK driving license with access to an MOT passed, taxed and insured car to accommodate afternoon after school pick-ups.
Special skills and attributes
Applicants must demonstrate, by providing personal and specific examples, that they possess the following special skills and attributes which may be tested at interview:
- The ability to communicate effectively at all levels, both verbally and in writing, for example, to respond to the needs of children, parents and voluntary workers.
- The ability to demonstrate team work and take direction from senior members of the Parkside
- Demonstrate an understanding of health and safety responsibilities of the post.
- The ability to deal with the public in a tactful and sensitive
- The ability to work on own initiative and as a member of a
- The ability to create and maintain a safe and purposeful learning environment for children aged 2yrs 10months- 11 years
- The ability to create and maintain a safe and purposeful learning environment for pre and primary school
- The ability to interact effectively with young
Applicants must demonstrate, by providing personal and specific examples, that they possess the following knowledge which may be tested at interview:
- Knowledge of child development including age appropriate areas of
- Good understanding of the importance of parental involvement in early
- Good knowledge and understanding of safeguarding and child protection procedures.
- Good understanding of DHSSPS Minimum
Personal Qualities and Attributes
Applicants must demonstrate, by providing personal and specific examples, that they possess the following personal qualities and attributes which may be tested at interview:
- Demonstrate a good level of written, spoken and numerical
- Honest, trustworthy &
- Enthusiastic with a genuine desire to work with
- To always maintain complete
- Commitment to Ongoing Professional
- A friendly, caring, helpful and patient
- An ability to ensure adherence to health and safety legislation and best practice.
- Willing to participate in activities outside the hours for which you are paid eg. training, meetings, open evenings etc.
For an application form please email firstname.lastname@example.org