This month saw the launch of the Belfast Business Awards which have become synonymous with recognising, promoting and rewarding the excellence of Belfast-based companies.
Organised and hosted by Belfast Chamber of Trade and Commerce, the highly coveted, annual awards are firmly established as a benchmark for excellence in today’s competitive business environment.
Speaking at the event held at Robinson & Cleaver, Gordon McElroy, President of Belfast Chamber of Trade and Commerce said: “We are absolutely delighted to be once again launching the Belfast Business Awards which seek to reward and celebrate the very best businesses in our capital city.
“Last year’s awards were fantastic and rewarded 17 companies ranging from independent hospitality outlets like the Morning Star, Sweet Afton and Mourne Seafood, to tourist hotspots like W5.
“By entering a Belfast Business Award you are saying to your staff, your customers and the rest of the business community that you are here, you are doing well and you are immensely proud of your achievements.
“If you are lucky enough to be a winner it gives your business such a fantastic platform to promote the business as well as a creating great feeling throughout the company.
“This year’s glittering, gala event will be held in the fantastic Titanic Belfast, the Worlds Number 1 tourist destination and we have increased our categories to 19 in total covering many areas of business from retail, hospitality, digital marketing, sustainability, family owned to growth and individual awards.
“And of course, the Awards wouldn’t be possible without our fantastic sponsors, 16 in total, who I would like to personally thank.
“Special thanks also goes to Bank of Ireland UK as our principal sponsor who have been behind us from the very start, and their commitment and support which they have shown has been invaluable.”
Gordon concluded, “We encourage as many businesses to enter as possible to showcase and celebrate their achievements. Entry is free and accessible from www.belfastchamber.com.”
Mark O’Brien, Commercial Bank Manager, Belfast City Branch, Bank of Ireland UK, commented: “Bank of Ireland is delighted to be principal sponsor for The Belfast Business Awards for the third year running.
“The caliber of the entries is always excellent and the people represent the best in business in Belfast, from all sectors at all levels. The awards celebrate and reward their efforts and successes and Bank of Ireland UK is proud to support them.”
Mark concluded: “We look forward to every stage of the 2017 awards and working closely with the Chamber on this fantastic project.”
The Belfast Business Awards will take place on Friday 26th May 2017 at Titanic Belfast. If you are interested in entering the Belfast Business Awards visit www.belfastchamber.com Entry deadline is Tuesday 4th April at midnight.
Main Photo: Headline sponsor of the Belfast Business Awards, Mark O’Brien, Commercial Bank Manager, Belfast City Branch, Bank of Ireland UK is pictured with Sarah Travers who will host the awards, she is pictured alongside Martina Connolly, Belfast Chamber of Trade and Commerce.
Full list of categories and sponsors…
- Customer Service Excellence, Hospitality Sector *NEW sponsored by Value Cabs
- Customer Service Excellence, Independent Retailer sponsored by Power NI
- Customer Service Excellence, Professional Services
- Best New Business sponsored by Belfast City Council
- Social Enterprise of the Year *NEW sponsored by Red Box Media
- Best Family Business sponsored by Cool FM
- Business Growth sponsored by Grant Thornton
- Best Company to work for award sponsored by Belfast One
- Best Marketing Initiative sponsored by Visit Belfast
- Best Business Premises *NEW sponsored by Crowne Plaza Hotel
- Young business person (Under 30) sponsored by Victoria Square
- Employee of the year
- Business person of the Year sponsored by CastleCourt
- Involvement in the Community *NEW sponsored by MKB Law
- Best Digital Business
- Best Eatery/Coffee Shop sponsored by ISL
- Creative Business sponsored by Exterion Media
- Life time achievement Award sponsored by Bank of Ireland
- Best Age-Friendly Business *NEW sponsored by Belfast Health Development Unit
*Please note, your business must be located in Belfast to enter*