As Bullitt Belfast approaches its first birthday, the hotel has announced the opening of Babel – a brand new rooftop bar and garden.
Opening next month on October 20th, Babel will include an open-air terrace with stunning views over the city. The rooftop bar is also set to shake up the city’s cocktail scene by introducing a new, innovative cocktail-led concept to Belfast for the first time.
Before you plan your trip to enjoy cocktails and food with a view, here’s everything you need know about Belfast’s new rooftop hotspot;
- The rooftop bar and garden is located on the fourth floor of Bullitt and can be accessed via a new entrance on Ann Street. City views don’t get much better than this, so soak up the sights and see if you can spot the dome at Victoria Square, Stormont and Napoleon’s Nose while you are there.
- The bar and garden will be home to Belfast’s first living wall which will shake up the city’s cocktail scene. With 300 fresh plants at your fingertips, including basil, mint, sage and thyme, Babel’s cocktail menu is based around the idea of ‘Shrub Cocktails’. Edible plants and herbs from the living wall can be freshly picked and infused in your drinks. The bar will also feature a vertical exterior garden wall that can be seen from ground level.
- Babel will be Ireland’s biggest rooftop bar and garden and can be enjoyed indoors or outdoors all year round. The bar and garden will have capacity for 250 people including space for 85 seated guests and there will also be heaters and blankets to keep you warm during the winter nights.
- The venue will be open Monday – Tuesday from 5pm to late and Wednesday – Sunday from 12pm to late. Food will be served Wednesday – Sunday from 12pm to 10pm.
Mouth-watering small plates
- The mouth-watering small plates menu is inspired by South and East Asian cuisine. The tasty treats include Halloumi and Smoked Corn Fritters, Sugar Pit Bacon Ribs, Keralan Chicken Thighs and Lamb Tomahawk with Szechuan Pepper, Chilli and Cumin. Delicious snacks such as Kimchi Fries and Roasted Cashews, Pepitas and Popcorn will also be available.
As well as Babel’s resident DJs every Friday and Saturday night, the rooftop bar will host a range of events throughout the year, kicking off on Sunday October 22nd with a special Belvedere Vodka Tasting as part of Belfast Cocktail Week. Be one of the first to experience the newest rooftop bar in the city just days after its launch and enjoy an evening sipping on an array of premium Belvedere cocktails and serves.
- Go VIP
The rooftop is available to hire for private events, including large groups of up to 250 people, as well as for more intimate parties with a cosy corner room available for smaller groups.
- Keeping it local
The team at Babel has worked alongside a number of local creatives, including Ulster University ceramics graduate Caitriona Aldridge and family-run leather goods company Father’s Father, to create bespoke pieces for the bar. Call in and see if you can spot them!
Check out the latest issue of Ulster Life Magazine
Main Image: Conall and Petra Wolsey and Michael Sullivan, general manager, survey the work progressing on Phase II of the hotel
Homing in on Neptune Belfast. UL Chats to Fearghal McAdam Next Post:
LAKE TORRENT ON TRACK TO DRIVE NI ECONOMY