Dubbed the ‘Oscars’ of the business award world, the Belfast Business Awards hosted world-class entertainment and over 400 guests from the world of politics, business and showbiz.
Speaking at the awards, Hugh Black, President of Belfast Chamber of Trade and Commerce said: “This evening’s awards were truly outstanding and really showcased what a fantastic city Belfast is to do business, live, work and shop in – and one which I am proud to represent.
“Tonight we have seen representation from outstanding well known home-grown businesses from Mourne Seafood who picked up Best Eatery, to the Good Food & Wine Company who picked up Best Coffee Shop to W5 who scooped no less than two awards for their Marketing and Digital Marketing efforts – no matter what scale the business, or what the category, each business is an inspiration.
“We received a record number of entries this year, so the competition was very tough – even to be shortlisted is a fantastic testimony to their success.”
Hugh concluded: “Special recognition has also gone Lord Rana, MBE, who was awarded a Lifetime Achievement Award for the invaluable work he has done not only in his own organisation, Andras Hotel Group, but for the outstanding contribution he has made to tourism in Northern Ireland.”
Mark O’Brien, Commercial Branch Manager, Bank of Ireland UK, commented: “Bank of Ireland UK is delighted to be the principal sponsor of The Belfast Business Awards 2016 and to be part of the celebrations this evening.”
“The business community of Belfast was once again under a spotlight for its excellence this evening.
“The level of entries and quality of applications illustrate just how rich and vibrant the business culture of Belfast is and highlights the potential of businesses to export goods & services globally.
Mark concluded: “The Bank of Ireland is proud to be associated with these awards and look forward to seeing the future success of all the entrants.”
The winners of the Belfast Business Awards were:
- Best New Business – Titanic Creative Management
- Employee of the Year – Rachel Lively, Foster & Sons Removal Ltd
- Customer Service Excellence, Professional Business Services – MCS Group
- Best Coffee Shop – The Good Food & Wine Company
- Best Eatery – Mourne Seafood Bar
- Best Marketing Initiative – W5
- Best Creative Business – Sixteen South
- Business Person of the Year – Michael Stewart, Madisons Hotel, Bar Czar Ltd
- Best Hotel – Ramada Plaza, Shaw’s Bridge
- Customer Service Excellence, Independent Retailer – Learning SPACE
- Best Digital Marketing – W5
- Best Licensed Premises – Sweet Afton
- Young Business Person (U30) – Matthew Large, Glistrr
- Best Green Business – The Morning Star Bar & Restaurant
- Best Company to Work for Award – Golf Now
- Business Growth Award – Ground Espresso Bars
- Best Family Business – Value Cabs
- Customer Service Excellence, Multiple Retailer – Oasis Travel
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Lord Rana MBE
Main Photo caption:
The winners of the Belfast Business Awards organised by Belfast Chamber of Trade and Commerce with principle sponsor, Bank of Ireland UK are pictured alongside the event host’s Sarah Travers and Pete Snodden
Ten Square Hotel Extension Announced Next Post:
Rockport Tees off First School Golf Academy in Ireland